This package is designed for the MOST popular Kart Racing Engines for bore sizes UNDER 2.750"(69.9mm) engines such as the Briggs and Stratton 5hp Flathead, Animal and World Formula, LO206, Honda 6.5, Box Stock, Ducar, Dupor Clone used in racing divisions such a WKA, AKRA, NAKA and USAC.
We have assembled a kit that provides all of the needed tooling to start honing your engine cylinder bores -- The Lisle 16000 hone is US Made and has been a quality product for over 50 years. We have added (2) additional stone sets to provide (3) grit types in the 2.35-2.75" (59.6-69.9mm) range.
This E-Z Bore Kit Includes the following:
Lisle Model 16000 Hone (standard manufacturer's package):
- (1) Honing bar and drive adapter
- (1) Dressing paddle, allen wrench and instructions.
- (1) 16410 - 180 grit stone set 1.75-2.20" (44.5-55.9mm) Range - Standard in 16000 kit
- (1) 16420 - 180 grit stone set 2.05-2.50" (52-63.5mm) Range - Standard in 16000 kit
- (1) 16430 - 180 grit stone set 2.35-2.75" (59.6-69.9mm) Range - Standard in 16000 Kit. These are good stones for adding additional clearance or correcting a worn cylinder for installing new rings.
- (1) 16460 - 80 grit stone set 2.35-2.75" (59.6-69.9mm) Range -- Added to base kit. This is a stone set better suited for removing larger amounts of material such as trying to hone up to an oversize piston diameter.
- (1) 16400 - 280 grit stone set 2.35-2.75" (59.6-69.9mm) Range -- Added to base kit. These are excellent stones for removing glazed cylinder walls and a finer finish before installing rings - This would be the set of stones that are used most often for kart race engine.
- (1) Flex-Hone (Brush Research Mfg.)
- 2-3/4" - 320 grit Silicon Carbide Ball type hone -- This process take 30-60 seconds to complete with minimal material removed. Entirely designed to change the finish surface “Plateau” to a more ring friendly surface, providing quicker ring seal and less wear on the initial new ring start-up.
- (1) .0005 Increment Dial Bore Gauge (AGD Series 2 Dial Indicator Imported from China) used to visually see the cylinder condition before and after honing. Provides the ability to ensure that there is minimal bore runout/taper from top to bottom and to detect cylinder bore out of round conditions.
- (1) 1/2" Drive low speed Chicago Electric Drill (Imported from China) for powering the honing tool. The low RPM provides a slow constant working RPM, perfect to achieve correct cross hatching patterns and accurate bore finishes.
- Complete instructions from each of the manufacturers for proper usage and finishes.
This package will work for many other applications such as Motorcycle, Marine and ATV applications with the stone package concentrating on 59.6mm to 69.9mm range.
Please Note: Drill may have slight changes from picture (such as color) and shipping delivery WILL require a signature
We offer a full line of Stones Sets -- Standard OEM replacement and special applications such as Nikasil cylinders.
See our store for replacement stones and specialty applications.
Please note: Extreme care should be used when honing cylinder bores that have open ports found in many 2 cycle ATV/Motorcycle applications. Without proper care, these types of cylinders can catch the stone edges and cause damage to the cylinder bore, the hone and/or stones. Please see owner’s manual and safety instructions.